Breast Enhancement in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Breast enhancement surgery by plastic surgeon Nathan Eberle, M.D., D.D.S., offers women the opportunity to improve their chest contour. Whether you wish your breasts were larger or smaller or wish they sat higher on your chest, these surgical options can help. Every year, these are among the most popular types of plastic surgery around the world, and they are especially popular among Fort Lauderdale and Broward County area women at the Weston Center for Plastic Surgery.
What is Breast Enhancement?
Breast enhancement is a term used to describe any procedure that lifts and enhances the chest region or changes the contour of the breasts. These procedures may alter the size, shape and look of a woman’s breasts. Breast augmentation, breast reduction, breast lifts, breast reconstruction after mastectomy and gynecomastia surgery formen, are all examples of breast enhancement. Some patients may opt for several procedures at the same time, such as a lift procedure to reduce sagging in the breasts and breast implants to increase the size.
Benefits of Breast Enhancement
Breast enhancement procedures have evolved to the level where they look completely natural. Breast enhancement surgery may augment breasts that are proportionately too small for a woman’s figure, balance the size of the breasts, lift and reduce sagging in the breasts and reduce back pain and other symptoms associated with excessively large breasts. Breast enhancement surgery also helps women improve or recover their self-esteem and feel more confident about their bodies.
Types Of Breast Enhancement Procedures
There are several forms of breast enhancement surgery, each designed to change the contours of the chest in a particular way. The options are:
- Breast Augmentation Commonly called a boob job, this technique uses saline or silicone breast implants to increase the volume of the chest.
- Revision Breast Augmentation The most common reason that a breast augmentation is revised is to change the size of the implant. Other common reasons include: breast implant deflation, capsular contracture, breast implant malposition and rippling.
- Trans-Axillary Breast Augmentation The armpit approach to breast augmentation that results in almost invisible scars
- Breast Implant Removal It may sometimes be necessary or desirable for breast implants to be removed. Reasons may include: rupture of the implant, movement of the implant, deflation, asymmetry, infections or breast cancer.
- Breast Lift A surgical procedure designed for sagging breasts. This technique reduces excess skin and elevates the position of the breasts, making them appear perkier.
- Breast Lift with Minimal Scarring Dr. Eberle prefers a vertical or circumvertical breast lift technique, which allows him to lift and firm the breast in the same manner as a traditional breast lift but with less than fifty-percent of the traditional scarring.
- Breast Reduction This procedure reduces chest volume through the surgical removal of a portion of the natural breast tissue.
- Composite Breast Augmentation uses both the placement of breast implants as well as fat grafting to create a superior shaped breast that neither modality could provide on its own.
Breast enhancement surgery is not just for women. For men gynecomastia procedures, or more commonly referred to as male breast reduction, is a way to remove excess breast tissue to achieve a more toned and masculine looking silhouette.
Is Breast Surgery Right For Me?
One of our breast enhancement techniques may be right for you if you are dissatisfied with how your breasts currently look. Whether they are sagging, too large or too small, breast enhancement can help. Many Fort Lauderdale and Weston area women opt for a breast enhancement procedure following pregnancy, breastfeeding, weight loss or aging, all of which can significantly impact the appearance of the breast area. Good candidates are at a healthy weight and are in good general health. If you are planning a pregnancy or weight loss in the near future, you should consider postponing your surgery, as your breasts may change size or shape due to these events.
How Much Does Breast Enhancement Cost?
The cost of your surgery will depend on the type of breast surgery technique used, the extent of surgical contouring being performed and other considerations. When performed for cosmetic reasons, breast enhancement is not typically paid for by health insurance. We offer financing for all your breast enhancement procedures.
How Involved Is Breast Enhancement Surgery?
Breast enhancement surgery is performed under general anesthesia. First, an incision is created in the chest where natural tissues can be sculpted or trimmed. Breast implants can also be added through these incisions. Once the desired chest contours have been achieved, sutures are used to close the incisions.
How Long Is The Breast Enhancement Recovery Period?
Most patients spend between one and two weeks recovering before returning to work. During this time, expect to feel some tenderness, discomfort, swelling and bruising. A surgical bra or compression garment may need to be worn for support as your breasts heal.
What Should I Do Next?
To learn more about surgical techniques to change the shape, size or positioning of your breasts, contact plastic surgeon Nathan Eberle, M.D., D.D.S., today for your consultation at the Weston Center for Plastic Surgery, serving Fort Lauderdale and Broward County.