Facial Implants in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Facial implants are mainly designed to promote optimal balance and proportion to a person’s unique facial appearance. If you would like to improve a recessed jaw, small chin, or weak facial contours, plastic surgery with facial implants may be the perfect choice for your needs. Nathan Eberle, M.D., D.D.S., is a plastic surgeon that specializes in facial implants for the residents of Fort Lauderdale or Broward County. Prospective patients are encouraged to contact the Weston Center for Plastic Surgery to schedule your consultation with Dr. Eberle.
What are Facial Implants?
In today’s society, beauty is often defined as strong cheekbones and a well-defined chin. Facial implants are primarily used to create an attractive face with more proportion, structure, and symmetry. Made of solid, FDA-approved components such as silicon or porous polyethylene, facial implants are compatible with all human tissues, so they are perfect for enhancing the physical facial features. For example, cheek implants for strong cheek bones reflect the light and create a symmetrical and pleasing facial appearance.
In order to determine the most appropriate type and size of facial implant for your face, a complete evaluation of your goals and physical examination of your facial structure is needed. If you are interested in facial implants, schedule a consultation with Dr. Eberle to learn about the benefits of receiving facial implants at the Weston Center for Plastic Surgery.
Benefits of Facial Implants
The most recognized benefit of facial implants are their distinguished ability to reduce noticeable signs of aging. As we grow older, we experience deflation of our face, which is a process involving the combination of bone and soft tissue atrophy, in addition to ptosis(sagging) of soft tissues. Without the support of the underlying structure, jowls and folds of the skin become more prominent. The most common areas for facial implants are the cheek, chin, and jaw. While chin implants have been shown to create a strong and attractive chin, implants for the cheekbones may add volume to the cheeks and reduce nasolabial folds. Facial implants are also known for preserving and enhancing natural features so that individuals will not look like a completely different person after the procedure.
Why Do People Have Facial Implant Procedures?
- To improve a flat face by creating shapely and strong cheek bones
- To raise the cheekbones
- To restore volume by lifting the cheeks
- To strengthen the overall face shape
- To elongate the jaw line
- To improve the tear trough area under the eyes, which is a deep depression that is seen from the corner of the nose to the side of the cheek
- To create a face with volume
- To construct a stronger chin
Who is a Good Candidate for Facial Implants?
Facial implants are usually recommended for individuals who have a small chin, weak jaw, or unbalanced facial contours. These types of facial enhancements have been shown to create a well-defined jaw, add volume to recessed areas, improve a small chin, and strengthen the cheekbones. If you would like to balance your face while maintaining key facial features, facial implants may be the perfect option for you. Contact us today to schedule a comprehensive facial implant consultation.
Where Are Implants Placed In The Face?
Most facial implants are placed in the following regions of the face:
- Cheek implants or zygomatic implants to promote volume to the midface, raise the cheek, reduce the nasal labial fold, and create a high cheek bone appearance.
- Jaw implants or mandibular implants improve the width and length of the narrow jaw.
- Midfacial implants to improve a flat midfacial appearance. Also referred to as malar and submalar implants, midfacial implants are designed to raise the cheeks and balance the lower/middle face, neck, forehead, and neck.
Why Are Facial Implants Used?
The main purpose of facial implants is to enhance the face with symmetry and volume to create a youthful and balanced appearance. Facial implants are usually permanent, but they can also be removed. Rare circumstances or a change in facial preferences may prompt clients to seek facial implant removal.
How Are Facial Implants Inserted?
- Cheek Implant: Most surgeons insert cheek implants by creating small incisions in the gum area near the upper lip of the mouth. Once the cheek implants are placed into a pocket around the cheekbones, they are secured with a small titanium screw. Afterward, the small incisions will be sutured with dissolvable sutures.
- Jaw Implant: The first step in this procedure is to create a small incision inside the mouth and create a pocket for the jaw implant. Dr. Eberle will then insert the implant against your jawbone. Sometimes screws are used to fixate the implants into position, then sutures will be used to close the small incision with stitches.
- Midface Implant: After creating a small incision in the mucosa or the “gutter” area above each side of the teeth a pocket is created in the intended implant position. When the implants are properly positioned, they will be secure with microscrews to prevent movement and the small incisions will be closed with resorbable sutures.
How Long Do Facial Implants Last?
As a permanent solution to augmentation of the facial skeleton, facial implants can last a lifetime. After the facial implants are successfully inserted, they are viewed as an important complement to your normal anatomy. In most cases of infection, dissatisfaction, and malposition, the facial implants can be safely removed. However, most individuals keep their facial implants for long periods of time.
How Much Do Facial Implants Cost?
The cost of facial implants usually depends on the number of implants needed to obtain the unique contours and definition that an individual desires. As a result, the price of facial implants can vary drastically. After the consultation with Dr. Eberle, prospective patients will have the opportunity to discuss payment options with the patient coordinator. In order to ensure that the procedure is easily assessable, Weston Center for Plastic Surgery offers affordable patient financing.
What Should I Do Next?
Facial implants are primarily designed to improve appearance, promote self-confidence, and encourage the balance of facial features. If you live in Fort Lauderdale or Broward County and would like to receive more information about facial implants and facial rejuvenation procedures, contact our friendly Weston office today.